To use Turnitin follow the structure outlined below
1. Create account Contact the librarian to create Turnitin account, then you will receive temporary password via email, and log in to the Turnitin website (www.turnitin.com) with the received password.
2. Create Class and assignment The instructor can create more than one class for each account, and inside the class you have to create assignment, and within the same creating class you can create more than one assignment for each class.
Example: Dr. Johnís account has 3 classes, PS 437, PS 403, PS 318, and inside each class has more than one assignment.
3. Choose method to enroll student to class for submit papers
- Instructor enrolls students When instructor add students in the class directly, then each student added to the class will be automatically e-mailed a temporary password and login information. If your student already have Turnitin account they will receive only just a message inform that they have been added to your class.
- Student enroll themselves Students can enroll and submit the paper only with the class ID number and class enrollment password which is given by the instructor.
4. Viewing originality report The Turnitin Originality Report provides an overall similarity index for a submission. This index determines the percentage of similarity between a submission and information existing in the Turnitin repositories selected as search targets for an assignment. Any text from the paper matching to text in the repositories is created with a link to the source in the Turnitin repository.
Contact to the librarian
If you have any question about using Turnitin please call to librarian on each campus who takes care of the Information :
The St.Gabriel's Library (Hua Mak Campus)
Contact to Mrs. Patcharakorn S.
Tel : (662) 3004543-62 Ext. 3403
The Cathedral of Learning Library (Suvarnabhumi Campus)
Contact to Mrs. Patcharaporn T.
Tel : (662) 7232024